Join us for a photographic adventure to Valencia for the amazing modern and historic architecture
– Sunday 1st May 2022 for 4 nights –
- Photograph many of the highlights of Valencia
- Daily tuition from a professional photographer
- Daily photo reviews and critique
- 3 star hotel incl. breakfast, all local transport
- Social time with other like minded photographers
- Experienced travel and architecture photographer and guide, knows the best spots to shoot
Our workshop is for you if…
- You’re an amateur photographer of any ability who wants to improve your technical and creative skills
- You’re an advanced or Pro photographer looking to expand your portfolio with new and different images
- You’re a competitive camera club member and looking to create amazing winning images
- You want to spend time with like minded photographers
• Pre-scouted & proven • Iconic & inspiring locations
• You will create an amazing set of photos to be proud of whilst improving your photo skills
What makes this such a great trip?
The beautiful Spanish city of Valencia is a place of amazing architectural contrasts. Our main focus is the modern and extravagant architecture in the form of the Ciudad de las Artes y las Ciencias (City of Arts and Sciences). This outstanding cultural and architectural complex was the brainchild of architect Santiago Calatrava and cost almost €1 billion to create. It’s one of the 12 Treasures of Spain, and is considered to be one of the finest examples of modern architecture in Europe.
In contrast, the old town of El Carmen, you’ll find historic gems such as the Mercado Central, one of Europe’s biggest indoor markets with over 1000 stalls housed in a beautiful Valencian Art Nouveau style building, the stunning Cathedral plus the La Lonja de la Seda, the 15th century silk exchange, a gothic masterpiece and now a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Snaking though the old and new towns is the dry river bed of the former River Turia which today is an oasis of tree lined walks, fun fairs, cafes and multiple bridges with interesting architecture.
During this 3-day, 4-night workshop we’ll be based at the 3 star Ilunion Aqua hotel, a modern Hotel just a few minutes’ walk from the City of Arts and Sciences where many of the room directly over look the City of Arts and Sciences. Our shoots there will mainly take place at dawn and dusk, when the light is at its best. Most of the buildings are often illuminated at night offering a striking contrast to the blue hour skies. Most buildings are surrounded by shallow bright aqua coloured pools of water which can create stunning reflections.
The place is usually very quiet at dawn and dusk, but even if it’s busy during the day, visitors don’t really get in the way of our photographs. As well as shooting the classic views you can also concentrate on details and abstracts – you can literally spend hours exploring each building with your lens. The modern architecture is also ideal for black & white as well as colour photography. We will visit the City of Arts and Sciences on every day of our trip.
At each location we will look at how the landscape and architecture presents itself, how the light sits and where it may move and change. Then we’ll consider the best framing and how to experiment with different ideas and view points, picking out different elements of the landscape and buildings and using them to best effect. I am on hand at all times to offer help and advice about composition and technique to help you get the very best from every location.
Our trips are structured for photographers of all abilities; For those that are beginners or want additional help, we provide assistance, evaluation and guidance throughout from an experienced landscape, architecture and travel photographer. For experienced photographers, you have the benefit of joining a workshop with a guide with excellent local knowledge. We want photographers of all abilities to leave the workshop with an amazing array of quality images to be proud of.
Images from the previous Valencia trips
All the following images taken by myself – these are not stock photos!
Full logistical details, assistance with booking transport will be provided (if needed) after deposit is received.