Paris Ballet & Ball Gowns
Dance Photography Workshop
Join us for a Photographic Adventure to the French Capital
1 day of Amazing Photography: Saturday 5th September 2020
THIS WORKSHOP IS NOW CANCELLED DUE TO TRAVEL RESTRICTIONS PLACED ON FRANCE BY UK. WE WILL RESCHEDULE FOR LATER IN THE YEAR OR SPRING 2021.
- Quite simply an unique opportunity for something new
- Work with our exclusive ballet dancer & model
- Photograph the beauty of the Parisian City
- Shoot our dancer & model at some of Paris’s iconic locations
- Selection of creative ball gowns & costumes
- Tuition, learning and image review as needed
Our workshop is for you if…
- You’re an amateur photographer of any ability who wants to improve your technical and creative skills
- You’re an advanced or Pro photographer looking to expand your portfolio with different and original images
- You’re a competitive camera club member and looking to create unique and winning images
• Genuine unique photo workshop – no one else offers this.
• Pre-scouted & proven iconic & inspiring locations.
• You will create an amazing and unique set of photos to be proud of.
Romantic Paris and an Architectural Masterpiece
Why do we love Paris like we do. Very few would disagree that Paris holds a certain charm, an allure beyond many other cities. We romanticise Paris and we can’t get enough of her Gallic charms…
- Physical beauty – Paris is without doubt an architectural masterpiece and her visuals are blinding and mesmerising
- Grandeur – Paris is grand in the truest sense. She makes other cities seem naive in comparison even though she is smaller than many others. The boulevards, the parks, the buildings and the monuments are seriously grown up
- Aristocratic – Paris is elegant, sophisticated and poised
- Style – Paris has such a distinctive style. Her decor is identifiable. An image of Paris needs no title. Nothing says Paris more like her ability to merge the old with the new and the eclectic with the classic
- Culture – Paris is an artist’s dream, a photographers paradise, a writer’s inspiration
- The Cafes – They are Paris and they are many. Most cities have cafes, that’s true, but Paris cafes are different. Parisian cafes are as much about taking time to observe life as they are about coffee and croissants
What makes this workshop so amazing?
Apart from the obvious (Paris), we will be joined across the day by our exclusive Professional dancer and model Tori Bew, who will dance in and model different outfits, including creative ball gowns and costumes. Over the last decade, we have invested in an eclectic wardrobe of ballgowns, creative accessories and on-location research to bring you the best workshops.
This year, our model is a professional dancer and we will be shooting her performing graceful and exciting ballet and modern dance moves at some of Paris’s best and iconic locations – including amazing en pointe work.
All locations are pre-scouted and proven for their accessibility and suitability. You will also have my knowledge of Paris’s locations and experience as a dance, fashion and travel photographer. Our dancer Tori trained in London and at the acclaimed Sarasota Ballet in the USA and previously lived in Paris, dancing at La Nouvelle Eve and then at the famous Lido de Paris. She will also act as our translator!
At each location Tori and I will walk you through the dance moves, explaining how capture the best shots, how to frame the location, set the best exposure for freezing movement (or creating movement), and explain the optimum hand, arm and leg positions, etc. Our workshops are for all abilities and photo tuition is available throughout the day.
An amazing opportunity to explore and photograph Paris – a photographers delight! Paris in the Autumn can be very atmospheric. We only run small groups so you are guaranteed quality and attentive time with our model and me on this workshop. Photography is on a group shooting basis.
Our events are structured for photographers of all abilities; For those that are beginners or want additional help, we provide assistance, evaluation and guidance throughout the day, from an experienced fashion, dance and travel photographer. For experienced photographers, you have the benefit of joining a workshop that no-one else offers. We want photographers of all abilities to come away with an amazing array of quality images.
Our workshops are designed with 2 things in mind: Enjoying yourself & having fun; and massively improving your photography skills and feeling pride when you look at your photographs. An added benefit is your step count for the day, as we normally average about 20,000!
Typical Trip Agenda
We will have an efficient route around Paris and try to shoot at least 5 different iconic locations around central Paris.
Starting at 11.30am, with regular breaks and finishing close to sunset at 7pm (timing may vary slightly depending on weather), we will start and end at the Paris Eurostar station.
Possible locations include Eiffel Tower, Sacre Coure, Lourve, La Defence, Bir Hakeim Bridge, Nautilus Metro, Opera House, River Sienne, Petit Palais, Montmartre, and many more.
In the unlikely event that the weather is poor for the workshop, we will still shoot and have several great covered alternatives to shoot at – so be prepared for mixed weather!
Additionally, you may choose to stay in Paris for the weekend as the Autumn offers a gold mine of iconic photo opportunities, especially with the Autumn sunsets.
What’s not included?
- Travel to/from and within Paris, such as flights, trains, buses, taxi, metro, etc
- Food and drink
- Hotel and accommodation
- Any tourist tax or visa costs
- Travel insurance or equipment insurance
Cost per person is £285.00.
Typical group size is 6 – Small group means more time to shoot and more time to learn.
Scroll to the bottom of reserve your place.
Images from the previous Paris Workshop
All the following images taken by myself – these are not stock photos!
Additional images of our model & dancer Tori Bew
(These are not my photos, and used with the model’s permission)
Full logistical details, assistance with booking trains and transport will be provided (if needed) after booking is complete.
Coronavirus update – Book with Confidence
We strongly suggest you have good travel insurance to cover the possibility of travel cancellation. In the unlikely event the FCO recommend against all but essential travel to France or Paris, we may have to cancel the workshop. In this circumstance you will receive a full refund from us for the workshop, but any travel etc will need to be claimed from your travel insurance or your travel provider.
Many travel providers are offering extra flexible tickets and Eurostar are currently offering free travel changes for train times and dates – even for their cheapest tickets. If we do cancel then we will reschedule for a later date.
During our workshop we will observe correct social distancing and where required face masks must be worn in enclosed public places and on Eurostar and Metro in Paris.