London Ballet & Ball Gowns
Dance Photography Workshop
(and other costumes!)
Join us for a Photographic Adventure around central London
Saturday 5th September 2020: 1.45pm to 4.15pm
*** Event now sold out ***
- Quite simply an unique opportunity for something new
- Work with our exclusive ballet dancer & model
- Photograph around central London
- Shoot our dancer at some of London’s iconic locations
- Selection of creative ball gowns & other costumes
- Tuition, learning and image review as needed
Our workshop is for you if…
- You’re an amateur photographer of any ability who wants to improve your technical and creative skills
- You’re an advanced or Pro photographer looking to expand your portfolio with different and original images
- You’re a competitive camera club member and looking to create unique and winning images
• Genuine unique photo workshop – no one else offers this.
• Pre-scouted & proven iconic & inspiring locations.
• You will create an amazing and unique set of photos to be proud of.
What makes this workshop so amazing?
We will be joined on the workshop by our exclusive Professional dancer and model Tori Bew, who will dance in and model different outfits, including creative ball gowns and costumes. But not just the Ball Gowns, we will also have some conventional dresses that we can create some flow and movement with. Over the last decade, we have invested in an eclectic wardrobe of ballgowns, dresses and creative accessories, plus on-location research to bring together the best workshops.
Our model is a professional dancer and we will be shooting her performing graceful and exciting ballet and modern dance moves at some of London’s best and iconic locations – including amazing en pointe work.
All locations are pre-scouted and proven for their accessibility and suitability. You will also have my knowledge of London’s locations and experience as a dance, fashion and travel photographer. Our dancer Tori trained in London and at the acclaimed Sarasota Ballet in the USA and previously lived in Paris, dancing at La Nouvelle Eve and then at the famous Lido de Paris.
At each location Tori and I will walk you through the dance moves, explaining how capture the best shots, how to frame the location, set the best exposure for freezing movement (or creating movement), and explain the optimum hand, arm and leg positions, etc. Our workshops are for all abilities and photo tuition is available throughout the day.
Our events are structured for photographers of all abilities; For those that are beginners or want additional help, we provide assistance, evaluation and guidance throughout, from an experienced fashion, dance and travel photographer. For experienced photographers, you have the benefit of joining a workshop that no-one else offers. We want photographers of all abilities to come away with an amazing array of quality images.
What’s not included?
- Travel to/from and within London, such as flights, trains, buses, taxi, underground, etc
- Food and drink
- Hotel and accommodation
- Any tourist tax or visa costs
- Travel insurance or equipment insurance
Workshop date and cost?
Saturday 5th September 2020: Afternoon session: 1.45pm to 4.15pm, (morning session 10.30am to 1pm is now sold out).
Cost per person per session is £47.00.
Typical group size is 6 – Small group means more time to shoot and more time to learn.
Scroll to the bottom of reserve your place.
Images from the previous Dance Workshops
All the following images taken by myself – these are not stock photos!
Additional images of our model & dancer Tori Bew
(These are not my photos, and used with the model’s permission)
Full logistical details, assistance with booking trains and transport will be provided (if needed) after booking is complete.
Coronavirus update – Book with Confidence
During our workshop we will observe correct social distancing and where required face masks must be worn in enclosed public places. If we are forced to cancel due to coronavirus restrictions we will first attempt to reschedule the date or cancel. If we cancel you will receive a refund of the workshop costs paid.