By placing an order you confirm you have read and agree with our terms and conditions:
Smaller or one day events we normally take full payment at time of booking via PayPal.
For larger events such as weekends or longer we take a small deposit via PayPal (using your credit or debit card) and the balance paid via bank transfer.
In all cases there is the option to pay the deposit or full payment via bank transfer.
To confirm a workshop place you are required to pay either a deposit, or you have the option to pay in full when you place your order – contact me for full payment details. We will email you to acknowledge your order and payment. A reminder will be sent to request any balance approx. 60 days before the workshop commencement date. If payment is not received by the specified date, we reserve the right to treat the booking as cancelled and retain the deposit.
Paypal: You don’t need to have a PayPal account to make payment. If you don’t wish to use PayPal then contact me and you can make payment via bank transfer.
Booking travel and accommodation
Most workshops will require a minimum number of participants for them to become financially viable to run. Please check with us before booking any travel or accommodation. I would highly recommend that any bookings made are cancellable or flexible.
Changes to Workshops
We reserve the right to make changes to the workshop advertised. If cancellation is due to circumstances beyond our control (e.g. fire, flood, industrial disputes, bereavement, etc.) we may give less than 30 days notice. Should this unlikely event occur, we will contact you to advise you of the workshop changes, and give you the option of accepting or rejecting the change. If you choose to reject, we will offer you a full refund of your payment (including deposit) for the workshop, or you can transfer any payments already made to an alternative workshop.
Some minor changes may need to be made during workshops on the fly due to weather, local accessibilty, road and ground works, transport changes, etc.
Transfers from airport to hotel
Where we have included this service, you must arrange your flight to arrive at the same airport as us and within 2 hours of my arrival. Outside of these requirements then you will need to arrange your own transfers, but we will try to be as flexible as possible.
Visas / Passports / Travel documents
You must be in possession of a valid passport and all visas, permits and certificates including medical certificates required for the whole of the journey and you accept responsibility for obtaining the same. All information and advice given by us on visas, vaccinations, climate, clothing, baggage and special equipment is given in good faith. Please note that UK passport validity has changed since the UK left the EU and must be valid for at least 6 months after travel and any extended period added from a previous passport may not be valid thus your passport expiry date may now be wrong. Please see latest info on the UK Government Passport website.
Postponement & Cancellation
Workshops postponed due to Coronavirus restrictions: We will first reschedule the workshop to new dates and offer to move your booking to that date. You will have the opportunity to cancel and we will refund you minus the card processing fees. If you paid via bank transfer you will receive a full refund as there are no fees.
If we have to cancel a workshop without offering new dates, then we will offer a full refund, no matter how you paid.
If you wish to cancel: Once a booking form has been submitted we will be unable to offer any refund (regardless of reason or circumstance) and participants who cancel their place may incur the full cost of the workshop. However where a minimum of 45 days notice is given and we are able to successfully fill their place we will provide a full refund of fees paid minus £55 admin fee.
Please ensure you are aware of the Covid testing requirements of the country you are entering and for returning to the UK or your country of residence. Latest info can be found on the UK Government FCO web site, or you local government web site.
Travel is becoming easier again, but covid testing is still required for most countries. You can find the latest info for cheapest pricing for covid testing on the MSE web site. It is the participants resposibility to arrange their own covid testing, but we are happy to point you in the right direction if needed.
Other Terms & Conditions
- The fee paid is exclusively for tuition and guidance (and model fees where required) at the venue or location for the days and times specified on the relevant page.
- Unless stated, the price excludes travel, transfers, insurance, food, drink or accommodation.
- Any assistance offered in terms of booking flights and accommodation is free of charge.
- No liability can be assumed for services provided by third parties e.g. flights, travel, other tutors and accommodation.
- Your contract for other services is between yourself and the third party even if assistance may have been offered with the booking.
- No liability can be assumed for delays in transport.
- Students are strongly advised to take out their own travel insurance and photo equipment insurance that covers use on our events and at the location.
- In the unlikely event of our being unable to teach for whatever reason, our maximum liability is the course fee paid.
- Unless otherwise agreed photos taken on workshops can only be used for personal use, within your own portfolios, web sites and social media. We do ask that you tag us in any social media use (tagging is not mandatory but it helps us).
- Postponed workshops or events: We will move your booking to the new date at no extra cost.
- Whilst we take every step to ensure our workshops are safe, all participants are required to take resposibility for their own health and safety during the workshop.